It´s time for our weekly roundup of what we're into and onto, including a bonus bonus special Xmas section! :::::::
- Kicking off with this Adele cover feat. lots of references to Stars Wars. Very ON TREND!
Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism, Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche:
Generally, we tend to prepare too much. We say, Once I make a lot of money, then I’ll go somewhere to study and meditate and become a priest, or whatever it is that we would like to become. But we never do it on the spot. We always speak in terms of: Once I do something then…. We always plan too much. We want to change our lives rather than use our lives, the present moment, as part of the practice. And this hesitation on our part creates a lot of set backs in our spiritual practice. Most of us have romantic ideas: I’m bad now, but one day, when I change, I’ll be good.
- This Adwoa Aboah quote via Vogue Italia:
- This Callaloo soup recipe- a fond fave from Dionne´s youth and a fave in the hus. (except we spice it up a little more obvs...)
- The New York Times' 'Conversation on Race' Documentary Series.
- These fascinating photographs show how differently people live in identical apartments in a ten-storey apartment block in Bucharest. - thanks Kla!
26 Cats Working Towards The Destruction Of The Patriarchy, overthrowing centuries of injustice one nap at a time.
Strolling! Can't stress the importance of this series enough. Especially love the delve into academia on this one. Thank you, Cecile Emeke!
- Director Ken Russell meets the inhabitants of a house in Bayswater in 1960 in this amazing short film for BBC:
SPECIAL XMAS SECTION!
- Holiday reading list curtesy of these 58 TED speakers.
- All i want for Christmas is........ a cover song of All i want for Christmas by Casiokids, and by Nitejewel.
- Bryony Gordon: I only got through Christmas thanks to antidepressants.
- 20 paper snowflake designs you can get crafty with during the festive season!
- Bergman's "Fanny and Alexander". A true jule-classic.
- Can we just love and respect each other during the holidays? 5 Comebacks For Your Racist Relative During The Holidays.
- Check out our bumper bonanza 32 hours and counting hus jule - playlist here. (Shuffle that shit up.)