yeS yES YES! It's Friday and time for our weekly roundup of things that tick and tickle our inspiration bones. Scroll, LOL and inhale.
- Dogs singing ballads. Never out of fashion.
- Interesting article from the Guardian on how men lose their friends in their 30s.
- After all these years it's nice to see Eska finally getting the attention she deserves! Also on high rotation on the hus stereo this month, and here's an interview with the Guardian.
- Bopol Mansiamina, catchy soukous, added to the hus stereo playlist for December!
- Dj Okapi on Boiler Room Collections. Mostly a reminder how great the Afro Synth blog is.
- THIS article on self sabotage: "it’s odd and not a little unnerving to discover just how often some of us appear to act as if we were deliberately out to ruin our chances of getting what we’re on the surface convinced we’re after." More via the Book of Life.
- Philip Glass on life in Words Without Music.
- Top 10 essential items in our lives right now: Gold sparkly tape from Tiger.
- Morning pages at Small Batch. Disposing of unnecessary clutter in our minds to make space for what matters.
- Nostalgia! The Britpop Story. Interesting documentary right here from BBC:
- Christmas lights in Brighton. We also still have time for the Moshi Moshi Christmas compilation "A Gift for You" to get in the spirit.
- Skepta. TRUSS MI DADDY!
- Digestives. Cinnamon tea.
- An oldie, but still so relevant. Warsan Shire - Conversations about home.
- Get well soon Nardwuar! here´s a classic interview with Snoop:
- Our friend Minna was in Bergen recently doing a talk about feminism. here´s a short interview. And here's a link to her blog.
Sanam on cultural appropriation.
Clarice Lispector. Norwegian translations available as well now!
Studio visit with Karl Ohiri via Morgan Quaintance. Tune in to Resonance FM 104.4FM in the UK or online this Sunday (Dec 13) from 17:00 to 18:00, or download after broadcast from www.studiovisitshow.com).